Nobody wants their AC to die out on them when they need it most, but it happens. Some solutions seem fairly straightforward and a simple search will tell you that you can DIY it. However, most issues will call for AC service in Anna Maria, FL from licensed professionals. Let’s explain why.
Here Are Some DIY Tricks for Your AC
Feel like taking a crack at your own DIY AC fixes? There’s only so much you can do without being a licensed technician or electrician. Here are a few tricks you can pull to tune up your AC and hopefully find a fix.
- Change the air filter.
- Double-check your thermostat and its settings.
- Inspect the circuit breaker if your thermostat has no power.
- Make sure your vents are open in each room.
- Clean debris off the outside cabinet.
- Flush your line to remove debris.
Keep in mind that an air filter change won’t be enough to fix problems with your blower fan, and external debris only does so much. If your issues persist even after trying these quick fixes, it’s time to call a technician.
How to Know If It’s Not a DIY Fix
You did what you could, but there’s still a problem. Here’s how you know that it’s time to call in a professional instead of making another attempt.
- When you’re in over your head and don’t understand how to implement a probable solution. It’s better to have someone take care of it that knows what they’re doing.
- It requires a higher level of knowledge that you can’t pull from an online article. The internet is helpful, but it doesn’t make up for first-hand training and knowledge.
- Your simple fixes didn’t alleviate the issue. While removing ice from your AC, flushing the lines, and cleaning debris from the cabinet can help, it’s unlikely that these will fix all of your problems.
- The thermostat is on and there is no apparent electrical issue. This means that it’s something within the air conditioner and not a controller issue. Unless you’re a licensed electrician, that’s not something you can diagnose and fix on your own.
- Your unit won’t turn back on. If you touched the thermostat or the circuit breaker during your DIY efforts and now your unit won’t turn back on, that’s a problem. Before anything else happens, call a professional to help you out.
A good rule of thumb is to only fix what you are 100% confident with. Although many times that won’t be enough to ensure your unit is operating properly. This is when you call in a professional (and why maintenance programs are important to prevent these issues from happening).
Without Experience, It’s Time to Call in the Professionals
Our fingers are crossed that it’s a simple filter swap or circuit breaker issue. The fact of the matter is, many people are not equipped with the professional knowledge and proper tools to DIY their own AC repair. That’s why we’re there for you with extended emergency hours to help you restore comfort to your home.
Contact us today for super air conditioning service in Anna Maria when a DIY fix just won’t cut it.