Why is the earth round? What’s the meaning of life? Certainly, there are some questions that you’ll just never know the answer to, right?
We hate to be harsh, but that’s not true. There absolutely is an answer to the question of “why is my AC struggling?” and we hope to answer it right here and now. Sure, if you don’t really care about the answer to that question, you can always just call our team of professionals to repair your system lickety-split. But most homeowners want to know the ins and outs of their system and exactly how much money they should be spending on it.
So, let’s talk about why your air conditioner is having a rough time. We’ll go through some clear reasons why you need to call us for air conditioning repair in Sarasota, FL. Don’t worry, our phone lines are open and we’ll even provide a handy link at the bottom to get you in touch with us!
Let’s Get to the Bottom of It
Your air conditioner hasn’t just magically stopped working as well as it used to. Well, if believing magic makes you feel better, then perhaps it was a combination of magic and some kind of problem that a professional can fix.
We’re going to list off some of the more obvious reasons why an air conditioner will struggle. Hopefully, if one of these list items sounds familiar, then it will push you to call us for a consultation where we can discuss your options, whether they’re repair, replacement, or just a quick maintenance tune-up.
- The air filter is clogged up. The air filter is an important component of your air conditioning system. It stops contaminants like dust and debris from harming the sensitive components of the system, like the coils or the compressor. When that filter clogs up, your AC can struggle to get air and will likely work a lot harder to do the same job it’s always done.
- The system is leaking refrigerant. A refrigerant leak is never good. This inhibits your AC’s ability to cool your home and keep things comfortable. If you hear a hissing or bubbling noise, or your system doesn’t quite work as well as it used to, then call us to have this addressed.
- It’s getting old or a component needs to be replaced. This type of problem depends on the component that needs help. If your blower motor is damaged or the blower fan needs to be replaced, that’s fine. But if your compressor has failed, that’s likely to be expensive and might warrant replacement services.
- It’s not sized correctly. An incorrectly sized air conditioner will struggle to keep things cool efficiently. Call our team to have this analyzed and discuss your options.
- It uses up too much energy. If your air conditioner runs inefficiently and is costing too much month-to-month, then we would consider this a big problem. A variety of different problems could be causing this. Call us to have the problem fixed.
Call Jim McDonald & Sons Heating & Cooling Inc. Cooling Sarasota and Manatee Counties since 1970.