If you looked at the title of this blog post and thought “what’s the difference? As long as my heater gets repaired, it doesn’t matter when,” then you’re in the right place. We’re talking to you!
There’s a misconception floating around that heating problems can be dealt with on your timeline as a homeowner, and that if you’re almost done with the winter heating season, you can just run your heater until spring comes and you’ll be set to get it fixed then. This, however, is a dangerous mentality to have.
Heating repair in Sarasota, FL might not seem like an urgent thing, but unless you know exactly what’s going wrong with your heater, it could get worse every time you turn the system on. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, a problem can compound into additional problems and get expensive very quickly.
What Can Happen
Before we try to sell you on the idea of quick repairs, we need to talk about what can happen when you wait on repairing your heater. There are multiple things that can occur and it’s important to remember that you can experience one, two, or all of these things if you neglect your heater. So the importance rests not on what you’ll save if you wait, but what you could lose if you wait.
- Problems get worse. I’m sure we’re not the first people to tell you that a problem neglected can get worse. That unhinged belt or loose screw will quickly turn into a broken belt or a screw that’s fallen out, and then you’re dealing with a different kind of problem.
- Problems turn into more problems. This is what we call in the industry compounding problems. A compounding problem is an issue that’s caused by a different problem. Like a loose screw that causes some other component to get loose and break down as well. These can be obnoxious, and it’s often a game of whack-a-mole to try and get rid of all of them down the line.
- Repair needs get more expensive. What’s the most important thing to remember about compounding heater problems, or a heater issue that’s neglected? It gets more expensive, which means it’s a lot stressful to pay for it down the line.
- Your system is in rougher shape. A system that’s neglected is often going to struggle to operate if it’s got an ongoing problem. Efficiency levels will drop, the chance of it breaking down increases, and you’ll just have a harder time with your heater.
- The lifespan of your heater is shortened. A well functioning heater is going to need quick repairs if you want it to last into old age. Otherwise, it’s going to break down faster than a well-maintained system would.
Want to know about a bad thing that might happen if you get your heater repaired at the first sign of a problem? There isn’t one.
We’re serious, it’s always better to get your heater repaired when you notice something is wrong. So call us today if you need help.
Contact Jim McDonald & Sons Heating & Cooling Inc. Cooling Sarasota and Manatee Counties since 1970.