Look, we’d like to preface this blog by telling you clearly that if your old heater isn’t working well, we’ll always advise you to get it replaced. If it’s running up your heating bill, needing repairs every year, and overall just a big nuisance, then we won’t beat around the bush. However, if you’ve still got a few years left in your heater, we won’t ignore that fact either.
While replacement services can be great, many HVAC technicians will jump to replacement because it’s the easiest way for them to make the most money. It’s true, an amateur will just want to throw out your whole system and replace it with a brand-new one if they can. What’s important is that you know the kind of heating service in Bradenton, FL that you need.
If you know when your heater can keep chugging along, or when it should be replaced, then it’s harder for amateurs to take advantage of you and easier to work with pros like us!
The State of Your Furnace
Thankfully, your furnace won’t be just replaced right under your nose. If you’re concerned about hearing bad-news about your furnace system, then that’s probably as far as a technician will get. Ultimately, you get to decide when it’s repair or replaced. Here are a few signs that could clue you in on the status of your heating system.
- The age of the system. The first aspect to consider when it comes to the replacement of your old system is age. While you might think your five-year-old heater is old, it’s actually supposed to last between 10-15 years.
- The heat output of the system. How comfortable are you with the heat that’s dispersed from the vents of your home? Does it feel like the thermostat is never accurate, and you’re always having to put on more layers because your heater just isn’t working well enough? This could be a cause for concern, no matter how old your heating system is.
- How efficiently it’s running. Pay attention to your heating bills. If they’re too high, then that’s not entirely fair to you. You should have a heater that limits fuel usage by being efficient.
- The frequency of repairs. A furnace should only need repairs once every few years. If you’re calling us all the time for quick fixes, then a replacement might be an important thing to invest in.
- An expensive component replacement. If your furnace needs an overhaul of an expensive component, stop and think about replacement. A whole system replacement could be a more cost-effective solution in the long-term.
Let’s Work Together
It’s important to take into account all of the things we listed. If your old heater is working well, running efficiently, and hasn’t quite reached the age where replacement is necessary, then we will do everything in our power to make sure it stays that way. We entice you with a new heating replacement until we’re sure it’s the best decision for your home and your family.